B&B Electronics AccessEtherLinx4
The AccessEtherLinX/4 series is a line of Layer-2, VLAN based secure access devices. The products allow service providers to offer differentiated, bandwidth-scalable Ethernet Private Line and Transparent LAN services to business customers and commercial buildings. Residing at the customer's network edge, AccessEtherLinX/4 performs a conversion from fiber to twisted pair LAN and offers a clear demarcation point for the service hand-off.
AccessEtherLinX/4 offers a host of features unique to an Ethernet-based CPE. The compact unit offers remote end management via SNMP, bi-directional bandwidth control, 802.1Q VLAN tagging, 802.1p traffic prioritization and IGMP multicast snooping; this device is an ideal solution for delivering Ethernet/IP fiber services to business/MTU customers.
The AccessEtherLinX/4 is available as a 4-port device with an integrated internal power supply. It features three uplink configurations - 100Base-FX multi-mode or single-mode fiber, and 100Base-TX. The AccessEtherLinX/4 fits a wide range of access network applications. By remotely managing the device from a central location, service providers can enable and disable services, perform device configuration and upgrades, and control individual customer bandwidth and traffic priority without costly visits to the customer premises.
- Downlink: Four 10/100 Twisted Pair Ports;
Uplink: One 100Base-FX or 10/100 twisted pair port
- AutoCross for automatic MDI-II/MDI-X switching
- Auto Negotiation and Selective Advertising
- Supports Half- and Full-Duplex operation
- Includes bi-directional bandwidth control
- Read/write IEEE 802.1Q VLAN-tags
- QoS - IEEE 802.1p-based packet prioritization (two queues [high/low] with eight priority levels)
- Supports IGMP multicast pruning (v1/v2)
- Layer 2 packet switching, store and forward operation
- Includes LinkLoss and FiberAlert*
- Forwarding rate: 14,880pps for 10 Mbps; 148,800pps for 100 Mbps
- 1024 MAC address learning
- MTU: Supports over-sized packets up to 1916 bytes