B&B Electronics IE-iMcV-MultiWay
A Compact, Versatile, SNMP
Manageable Gigabit Ethernet Module.
The IE-iMcV-MultiWay is a modular, CPE device providing two fixed 10/100/1000Base-T copper ports and 2 SFP ports. The SFP ports support fiber or copper SFPs. A console port and on-board DIP Switches provide configuration and mode options for the module. The IE-iMcV-MultiWay provides OAM functionality with 802.3ah and 802.1ag support on each port. As an Industrial Ethernet device, it supports an extended temperature range of -40° to +85° C.
There are four distinct DIP Switch selectable configurations that the IE-iMcV-MultiWay supports. Among them are a 1+1 Uplink Protection Switch, a 4-Port Gigabit Switch, and a Dual Copper to Fiber SFP Media/Mode Converter (two gigabit fiber media converters in one).
As a 4-port device, it can be deployed with fiber redundancy (with or without 1+1 uplink protection) and status monitoring with management on all ports via SNMP, which now offers OAM for mission-critical applications. It can also be installed as dual 10/100/1000 Mbps copper to fiber media converter and be utilized as two separate converters.
The IE-iMcV-MultiWay supports 10/100/1000 Mbps and 1 Gbps copper and 100 Mbps and 1 Gbps optical SFP modules, to provide greater flexibility in the network environment. The hotswappable nature of SFPs and the numerous fiber modes and types that are available allow for easy configuration and future upgrading as network demands evolve.
- Four devices in one unit
- Supports 3R's (Re-amplify, Re-shape, Re-time) optical signal regeneration
- 1+1 uplink protection (<50 mSec)
- Supports per port service VLAN
- Features RMON1 MIB-II Statistics
- Jumbo Frames support (up to 10240 bytes)
- Support for daisy chain expansion
- Modular form factor
Advanced Remote Monitoring/Management
- Supports IEEE 802.3ah OAM (active/passive), 802.1ag CFM (Connectivity Fault Management) and Y.1731 on all ports
- Discovery, Link Monitoring, Performance Monitoring and Remote Loopback
- Features Bandwidth Management including Limiting anad Traffic Shaping with burst capability and priority queuing
- Rate limiting can be done at Layer 1, 2 or 3
- Via UMA, can act as a Remote when connected to a Host iMcV-Giga-FiberLinX-II
- Generates SNMP TRAPs based on events
- Last Gasp alarm via 802.3ah and/or SNMP TRAP
- RS-232 CLI (Command Line Interface) console port