ACCEDIAN MetroNODE 10GE
Demarcation and OAM Aggregation Nodes for 10 Gigabit Ethernet Networks
MetroNODE 10GE™ high performance service assurance nodes provide the most accurate, lowest delay, highest capacity service assurance capabilities. Leveraging Accedian’s ultra-low delay Fast-PAAs™ hardware-based core, the units feature wire-speed, high-density monitoring and advanced service creation capabilities seamlessly integrated into a reliable, compact and power-efficient package.When it comes to demanding, high-density, QoS-sensitive applications, the MetroNODE 10GE platform shines under traffic loads that can choke other network elements. No matter how intense it gets, these units deliver performance with precision. With scalable wire speed ITU-T Y.1731 and IEEE 802.1ag Ethernet OAM, Layer 2 and Layer 3 monitoring, bandwidth profile enforcement and VLAN-based service mapping, the MetroNODE 10GE nodes deliver total visibility and control for any 10GbE network infrastructure.
Our MetroNODE 10GE platform consists of a Network Element (NE) OAM aggregation node along with a Customer Edge (CE) demarcation node. Both deliver the features carriers demand, optimized for price/performance at both the core and edge of the network with NEBS Level 3 certification.
MetroNODE 10GE NE™ Node is a high capacity, low delay OAM aggregation node designed for core network applications, including both core to core and core to edge. Capable of handling hundreds of Ethernet Virtual Connections and 1,000 individual OAM sessions, the NE is ideally suited to aggregate service assurance connections from NIDs located throughout the network.
MetroNODE 10GE™ CE Node is a 10GbE demarcation device suitable for deployment at the network edge. With line rate traffic conditioning and simple to provision VLAN service creation features, the CE is a cost-effective alternative to deploying a 10GbE switch/router at the customer edge of the service connection.
High Capacity Ring Protection with EVC Add/Drop Service Delivery
Leveraging high performance ring protection based upon ITU-T G.8032v2 with sub 50ms failover switching, the Accedian MetroNODE 10GE can be used to extend highly resilient protected Ethernet services to support Carrier Ethernet applications including Mobile Backhaul and Business Services. The ITU-T G.8032v2 support for the MetroNODE 10GE can be used standalone to deliver protected 10GbE or 1GbE services to cell sites or subscriber locations. Used in combination with Accedian 1GbE MetroNIDs, the MetroNODE 10GE can deliver up to 6 connections of fractional 1GbE services over the ITU-T G.8032 v2 protected 10GbE ring. The ring protection and EVC add/drop capability of the MetroNODE 10GE provides network architects with a flexible and scalable alternative to switches and routers for delivering resilient Ethernet services over optical ring network topologies.
The Accedian MetroNODE 10GE also uniquely utilizes Y.1564. The following describes how:
- Capable to define each of the network attributes independently for each flow. This provides mobile operators with the flexibility to adapt to their specific networks design.
- From a centralized location, the ability to fully control all the end points that make up the test, thus increases the productivity of the technician.
- Being installed as a demark device enables one-way delay measurements and fully integrates into the network timing, thus providing easy access to the timing.
- Fully integrated and deployed in the networks, Accedian’s Y.1564 implementation does not require the allocation of special IP addresses.
- Ability to run testing regardless of the time of day/location. Makes in-service testing and remote testing easy and saves truck-rolls.
Ultra Low Delay Fast-PAAs™ Hardware-based Core
- 1 μs resolution one-way delay and FDV measurements
- Ultra-low delay
- 2 and 4 Port SFP+ Models
- Ports also support 1G optical SFPs
- Wire-Speed Performance
At the core of the MetroNODE 10GE is Accedian’s Fast-PAAs™ hardware-based processor—an architecture proven in the widely deployed EtherNID® and MetroNID® service assurance demarcation units. Fast-PAAs eliminates the delay of store-and-forward processing of Ethernet switches and routers providing the lowest delay solution available today. With a silicon core that ensures quality of service (QoS) marking, bandwidth profile enforcement and traffic conditioning on the highest capacity network links, the MetroNODE NE effortlessly handles hundreds of traffic flows and 1,000 OAM flows in a full line-rate link with mere microsecond transit time.
High-Density Service Assurance
- 1,000 concurrent OAM sessions
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 monitoring for 1,000 flows
Complete service creation functionality
- Carrier Ethernet service mapping
- Bandwidth profiles and policing